Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Home Study

Well, our first home study was exactly as I expected... like drinking from a fire hose! But, it was a lot of good information and our social worker thinks there is a good chance "baby sis" will be with us by NEXT SUMMER!!!!! :)

We are in the process now of filling out all of our home study paperwork and doing all of our homework. This includes each of us writing a 2-3 page autobiography. I've done mine and it is ridiculously hard to fit your entire life into 3 pages. We also had to fill out essays on our thoughts about adoption, birth parents and marriage. I haven't used my brain that much since college!

Anyway, we're just about finished with this step and we'll be moving on to our dossier soon. I expect our next meeting to be sometime next week.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow! I just read your blog, and am so happy and excited for your sweet family. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure it will be an encouragement to many!