Monday, April 4, 2011

Selected

If you have not read the post Holy Nudges, start there.... this is, as they say, "the rest of the story."





Friday morning, I called the agency as instructed and was met with good news. She was ours... this beautiful child I had been falling in love with for a week was actually my precious second daughter. She was the child I had known was coming for over 14 years. The child I had visions of, the child God hand picked for me. What an honor, what a responsibility, what a special special privilege.

I weep as a write this knowing God chose me to use as part of his wonderful plan. I cry everytime I take a quiet moment to think about it. That I should be selected to adopt one of his beautiful children, that he finds me in all of my filth and sinfulness worthy enough to bring Christ into the life of a child. That she has been woven into the plan for my life before I was even born.

It is overwhelming at times.

When they told me she was ours, the reaction I had surprised me. You know you laugh at things that are funny and cry at things that are sad, but you feel that emotion coming. You feel it well up inside before it comes out. This was totally different.... crying just spurted out. Laughing at the same time, crying and laughing so hard together that I was snorting. It was a little embarrassing, but I'm sure she gets that alot, right? I was apologizing profusely as she just sat there waiting for me to calm... :) When I finished she said "I'll be sure to let the match team know you were overjoyed at their selection."

So, that was it. She was ours. I didn't ask any details about what's next, where do I go from here etc. I was just savoring the moment and couldn't get off the phone fast enough to be able to call DP and tell him! He was also, happy as a clam and laughed at my crazy blubbering on the phone.

We can't wait to be her parents. To have her in our arms to love her and let he know she has a forever home... a place where she will be loved unconditionally and will never have to be an orphan again.

1 down, 146,999,999 to go!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Loved hearing the story!! It's just awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Sees,
This makes me a little weepy. Love this!

Katie said...

I've been tearing up every time I think about her. I've looked at her picture 100 times since Friday. I can't wait
To see her in your arms!

Anna Phillips said...

Sooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!! You are so special and you are RIGHT...God DID choose YOU to be her mommy! We are so excited to be on this journey with ya'll and we cannot wait to meet our sweet little niece!!!!

Rhonda Wicks said...

Can't wait to love on her...I feel honored and overjoyed also to be a part of her life!! So proud of you my sweet niece!!!

Elizabeth S said...

Wow...what an amazing story!! I am so happy for you!!!