Sunday, May 1, 2011

Um, This is Going to Take a While

So in sending our packet to "Sis", we have to have everything translated to Mandarin before we mail it. I wanted to send a letter to Alba and one to her Foster Family. It was going to cost me right under $400 to have a service do it.

Luckily our church has a "Chinese Church" within the church that meets every Sunday. After contacting them, one of their sweet members offered to translate both letters for me. So, that part is taken care of, I think!

The main thing is the photo album has to be translated as well. It seemed simple enough.... just write the Chinese Characters for Family, Mother, Father, Sister, Grandparents, Home, Pet, and Bedroom beside each photo. I can do that, right???

Um, I started it yesterday and I was cracking up. My own handwriting, in English is bad enough, but in Mandarin? Hehehehe!!!! It took me about 30 minutes to write just the word family. I was so careful with it, like I was creating a piece of artwork...

I bet her foster parents get it and think, "what the heck does this say?" But, either way, I'm proud of what I did! Now, if only I can finish the other 10 pages..... :)

3 comments:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i can't say whether it's legible to chinese speakers or not, but it IS beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!