Sunday, April 22, 2012

Alba's First Beach Trip

For those of you that know us, you know we're a beach family.  If I never went anywhere else for vacation it would be fine.  I could live at the beach.  Give me sand and salty air anyday.  I swear I think I might have saltwater in my veins.  You get the picture, right?  AND, Mc's the same way.

So, this year when we decided to go to the beach for Spring Break I was a little concerned.  Remember, Alba is wigged out by water.  She tolerates a bath, but getting her face or hair wet sends her into emotional overdrive.  Picture someone's reaction while being stabbed.... that's her reaction to water in the face.  NO JOKE.

I built it up for weeks, "Alba's a mermaid.  Mermaid's get in the water.  Mermaids LOVE the ocean and the pool.  Mermaids get their faces wet."  She played right along telling me all of the stuff she was going to do at the beach.... including get her face wet.  In the back of my head I was of course saying, "yeah. right kid.  That'll be the day.  I'll just settle for you not completely freaking out everyday and making me stay in the room 24-7."

So, we get down there and guess what?  She's a Phillips.  Love it, loved it!!!!  She begged to go to the beach everyday, she got in the ocean with Mimi for 30-45 minutes at a time.  She got in the pool, she paddled around with her little swimmies on.  She was awesome.  She even tolerated water in her face.  I mean, she's not gonna go out and dunk herself under water anytime soon, but who cares!?!??!  The kid didn't make our vacation miserable and she did better than I would have imagined possible.  I'm so proud of her!!!!

 First Step on the Beach

 Sisters First Day!

 Memaid

 Big Swimmer

 Sunset

Bye Bye Beach!

No comments: