Monday, October 8, 2007

Embroidery




For those of you who don't know, I've been wanting an embroidery machine since I started sewing. So, my sweet husband bought me one for our anniversary a few weeks back. It arrived this week and I was able to get it out and play with it a little bit. Actually, I spent a lot of time with it this weekend. Daren asked me if we were ever going to speak again...woops. :)

Anyway, I LOVE it! I have no idea what I'm doing and it stuff still turned out pretty cool. Here are a few of my starter designs. I'm sure I'll be posting much more over the next few months!

9 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

That's awesome! I love embroidered stuff.

Courtney said...

Wow!!! That is SO great! You are going to have fun with that! Maybe we can trade jewelry for monogramming!!! :)

Jennifer said...

So cool! My mom took me this weekend to pick out my first pattern and fabric. She's teaching me to sew and then smock but we don't know how to embroider stuff so we're thinking about taking a class after the first of the year...is it hard?

A&L King said...

oh my gosh--that looks os great! I can't believe those are your first try.

Rachel said...

Courtney- that's a great idea!!!

Jen- It is really easy, just expensive!!! But, you don't need a class, the machine does most of the work itself!

Anonymous said...

this is the only way we can communicate. looks great tooty! we need coffee...

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

cute!!!

i'm sorry about your relationship... :)

Rachel said...

WHAT!!! A comment from the Babers... lordy, pigs must be flying!!!

caroline G said...

Did you do the dog??? YOU ARE SUCH A TALENT!!!