Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Obsessed



When PBS made changes to their schedule this season, Teletubbies was no longer on during Mc's viewing time. I hoped this would help her to forget about these weird little creatures and focus on something a little cooler, a little more educational. She has gotten into these new shows, Sid the Science Kid, Super Y, and Clifford. So, I thought, ahh, finally, no more Lala Po.

Then, I asked what she wanted to be for Halloween. "Lala, Po"... um what? Pick something else kid. So, she decided on a horse. Not my first choice, I like princesses and barbies, but hey, a horse is pretty cool, and she'll be precious... so, a horse costume we bought.

In the midst of looking though, I ran across a teletubbies costume on ebay for 3.00. (Probably b/c they can't give them away!) Anyway, I thought it would be a nice little treat for her since she loves them so much. And, it's just for dress up at home, so who cares, right?!?!? It came in yesterday and when I opened the package she started dancing around and jumping up and down. She put it on as soon as we got home and wouldn't take it off until bedtime. She kept calling herself Lala Mc-Mc-Ne. SO precious.

I have to say that although I despise them, they bring her so much joy, I just don't know if I can cut them out of her life forever. I'm such a pushover!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it. so adorable! i LOVE it!!! makes me smile. i wish i could she her saying that-i know it has to be precious.

The Nichols Family said...

That is the funniest thing that I have ever seen-other then her Daddy in the costume of course!

Courtney said...

how funny! will never watched the teletubbies, i guess i should be glad huh! she does look cute in the costume!

A&L King said...

That's hilarious. She looks so cute and weird. I wish I could see her jumping up and down.

Elizabeth S said...

This, too, shall pass. And one day we'll be sad and wanting them to be little enough to watch those shows that drive us crazy. What a great thing to let her be who she is and enjoy being little!! You're a great mom.

Heather B Mc said...

too cute!!!!!!