Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daddy's Girl

As the week's go by, I see Mc becoming more and more of a daddy's girl. (And, he is spending more quality time with her too!) She loves to play with him, and always has. But, she's becoming more and more excited to see him when he gets home from work. She wants to call him all the time. She talks about him more. She wants to hold his hand instead of mine when we're out places. She calls for him at night when she's scared (probably b/c he's recently started going in and rocking her...) And, last night she wanted him to put her to bed.... wh-wh-what? She's never let him put her to bed before when I'm home. NEVER! Shoudl I be worried? :)

This weekend, I was even able to capture this precious picture. It was Saturday and I'd gone upstairs to do something... Anyway, I was up there about 10 minutes and came down to find this on the sofa. They haven't taken a nap together since McHaney was about 6 months old! I promise... it just melted my heart!

Anyway, I've always hoped that Mc and Daren would have as good of a relationship as my Dad and I do. It looks like they are headed in the right direction!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That's so sweet!

The Hadfields said...

Sweet!! Sophie almost always prefers for Paul to lay down with her at night. It used to hurt my feelings but now I think it's super sweet!! :)

Jennifer said...

That is really sweet!!! What a great picture!

The Nichols Family said...

Super cute! We love you Deda & MacMac!