Saturday, August 2, 2008

Franklin Farmer's Market


This morning Mc and I woke up and headed out to meet cousin Mandi for a little shopping at the local farmer's market. It has been going on for a couple of years, but today was my first venture. (I usually go to the one downtown just because I forget about the one here.)

Anyway, it was awesome! Tons of fruits and veggies, which you expect, but also meat, breads, desserts, cheeses, flowers, milk, the list goes on and on. You could pretty much do all your grocery shopping there... if you're willing to pay. It's a little pricey... although, I was happy to pay $5 a pint for the best blueberries I've ever put in my mouth. In fact, I bought 2!!!!

If any of you have been questioning going, it is a must do... just maybe not in this heat. As you can imagine, it was pretty warm. You might want to wait until September! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We went a few weeks ago and had lots of fun. But you're right, the heat is pretty nasty today! We took MC to the fair and it was really really hot!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

We went about a month ago for the first time, and it was awesome!!