Friday, September 19, 2014

5 Minute Mommy Breakfast for 1!

Before Paleo, I never really ate breakfast...  didn't want it, didn't need it, whatever.  But, my 10am I was always snacking on chips or candy or something totally inappropriate!  :)  Now days, when the girls get on the bus, I always eat something.  It may simply be a handful of nuts or a lara bar, but most days it is eggs and something. I never get sick of eggs.... you can boil scramble omlet, fry, whatever... and they are SO easy to do.

Today, I want to share the super quick mommy breakfast I made this morning just to show you how easy a nice paleo breakfast can be!

We made the shrimp and sausage skillet for dinner the night before last (it is super amazing) and so I had an entire link of smoked sausage just hanging out with nothing to do... plus our grocery list this week has lots of zucchini on it, so you can spare a little!

5 Minute Sausage, Zucchini & Egg Skillet

about 3 1/2 inch slices leftover smoked sausage 
about 4 1/2 inch slices zucchini
1 egg
EVOO

turn small skillet on med high heat and drizzle with EVOO.  While it heats, quickly quarter your sausage and zucchini.  toss zucchini in skillet and let cook for about 1 minute.  Add sausage and let cook about 2 more minutes while stirring.  Shift everything to one side and drizzle a little more EVOO on the empty side.  Crack and egg on that side, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and cook until fried egg is finished the way you like it, over easy, over hard, or sunny side up!!!!

Have a great Morning!!!!


No comments: