Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Playing in the Rain




Last night it started raining here right before McHaney's bath time. She loves water so much that we stripped her down and let her go out and play in it for a minute or so. She LOVED it. Of course, she got filthy. She just splashed in the puddles. But, as I stood there and watched her, I thought how nice it would be not to have a care in the world. (Earlier in the day I had watched her play with the neighbor's flowers for about 30 minutes.)

I love that she is so innocent and that everything is so new to her. It seems to me that sometimes, although she is still too young to understand the depths of God, that Mc appreciates God's creation more than I do.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

The way she is admiring those flowers is just so sweet!

Elizabeth S said...

I have just been thinking about that same thought. Trying to stop and be thankful for every little thing along the way like my kids do. Thanks for sharing.

The Hadfields said...

Amen Sisita!! I think about that all the time. I read a quote not too long ago that said, "While we try to teach our children all about the world, our children teach us what the world is all about". So true!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

That is such a good thought, Rachel. And what a good idea to just let her splash around in the rain! I don't know why, I've never thought about doing that....