Friday, July 6, 2007

Youth Reunion

For those of you who don't know, Daren and I volunteered with the youth at a church we helped plant in Franklin a few years ago. There was no youth minister and the kids, as well as the church staff, considered us just that. Which is comical in itself, I know, but we loved those kids so much!

When it was time to hire a new youth minister, and we were ready to move on to a new church, it was still so hard to let them go. So, I was more than excited to have them over last night.

Several of the old crew came over and we cooked out. I smoked up the whole house with my corn and butter combo (quite par for the course when they'd come over in the old days.) My cake didn't cook in the middle, but after I took the smoking corn out, I put the cake back in. It ended up ok. :) The whole night was hilarious and it was so good to see them.

McHaney wasn't sure about them at first. She didn't know them, and I think she thought they were coming to babysit. But, as you can see from the pictures, she got comfortable quite quickly. (Sorry she has on no clothes. She got pickle all over her outfit and I stripped her. She wouldn't be still long enough for me to redress her!)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Rachel! I just started a blog, and I wanted to know if it was ok to put you as a link on my page because I LOVE reading yours. It's so great, and I love all the pictures of McHaney. She is so cute!

Rachel said...

Sure! Please link, and give me your blog address as well! :)

Shannon said...

Thanks! Mine is: shannonfaith.blogspot.com

A&L King said...

Jozzy wozzy rocks my face

Rachel said...

Yet still, "I'm Willy Reid Sol-o-mon"

The Hadfields said...

How fun. McHaney seems to love those kids as well!!