Friday, July 11, 2008

Outrigger Island

This week, our church has been in VBS. Somehow, I was roped into directing a kindergarten class. I don't know how it happened... actually, I think my mouth was running much faster than my brain, which, happens a lot, so that wouldn't be shocking.

Anyway, the build up was awful. I thought it would be one of those things I would never want to do again. The planning, the teaching, the stress... whew. It was too much before it even began. But, once I got into it, and with the help of my wonderful friends Leigh Ann and Jenn, it was a breeze. There was a lot to do, but it was so worth it. The girls were extremely helpful, and I had a great group of kids.

Tonight they did a program, at the church, for all the kids. It was so rewarding to see our class on stage singing the songs and doing the movements. 4 kids were baptized tonight, and 40 accepted Christ this week. How Awesome!!!!!!

So, it was a great week. We had a great time, and I will totally do it again next year!!!!

I won't be posting many pics, as they asked us not to post pics of the kids faces on blogs... but, someone did capture a fantastic, ha, picture of me during my "teaching" time, that I thought I'd share. (note the tie-died tees. We did them in class!)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

A&L King said...

precious!

kma said...

Way to go Kindergarten teacher! HA! Kelly