Sunday, September 30, 2007

5 Years!



Our 5 year anniversary was this weekend... wow, 5 years, seems a lot longer :) Just kidding!

We celebrated by first going out to the new vineyard in Arrington. And, on a side not, I was pleasantly surprised. I expected it to be very touristy, music row if you will. (It is owned by Kix Brooks) It was very pretty though. Very nicely done. The tastings were free, and the wine was better than I expected. I think I was expecting Boone's Farm, but received low to mid level Napa whites instead (the reds left something to be desired, but I don't like red anyway!) I would definitely go back. You feel like you've gotten out of Nashville, if only for an hour or so. So, on my recommendation, go, taste the wine, buy a bottle of whatever you like and sip it on the covered porch. It's worth the drive to relax especially when the weather is as gorgeous as it has been this weekend!

Anyway, we went home, napped and headed out for a nice dinner at my favorite place in Nashville- Sperry's. We went old school to the Belle Meade location. We've been going to the Cool Springs store for the last several visits and decided in honor of our anniversary. we'd go to the spot we had visited so many times in the past. We were not disappointed! I had, probably, the best meal I've ever had.

The company was great, the food was great (btw, if you are ever there, they have a new dessert called sticky toffee, oh my gosh, seriously... you have to get it.) I have to say it was the best anniversary I can remember thus far!

Happy 5 year Babers!!! I love you more everyday! I'm so glad God made you for me!!!

9 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Happy Anniversary Rachel!

Mommynurse said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years is quite the milestone. It goes by so quickly. We are celebrating our 8 year this next Tuesday!

Elizabeth S said...

Happy Anniversary!

Melissa P. said...

happy anniversary!! glad you had a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Courtney said...

Ugh, I keep hitting the wrong identity. It's me again...:)

caroline G said...

Happy anniversary!! Betsy said she saw you yesterday. She said she was not feeling her best!

A&L King said...

happy anniversary, seester and daren. You look beautiful!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i meant to tell you today...happy anniversary!