Friday, September 21, 2007

Amazed

I just need to get some thoughts out of my head, so don't feel obligated to read this... :)

I'm sure that all of you are aware of the Farley's situation. It seems to be posted on several blogs that I link to. They had a daughter this week and she is Trisomy-18 (T-18 babies don't live long after birth, many die during pregnancy).

I just wanted to comment on their faith and strength.

I do not know the Farley's at all, but have been drawn to their story mainly because, as some of you may remember, Mc had a few cysts on her brain that are an early sign of Trisomy-18. The doctor told me they weren't that uncommon and that they usually went away. (If they didn't we would worry.) They did go away, and we were blessed with a precious healthy baby.

That being said, as these last few months have progressed, I have occasionally checked their blog just to keep myself posted on their situation and remind myself how truly blessed I am. Each time I read, the blogs get more amazing.

Boothe, the mother, has a love for the Lord, and trust in him, that I can't remember ever seeing expressed so well. She is so strong and her faith amazes me. She amazes me.

The baby, Copeland, was born 3 days ago and is still hanging on. I can't imagine what they are going through, nor do I want to. They have faithfully blogged to keep everyone up to date. And they still continue to blow me away. I could never be as strong as they are. I don't think I would ever have the faith and peace that they do.

They seem to be unbelievable people and I just wanted to say thank you to them for being the type of parents we all strive to be. They are younger that me, yet I look up to them. Thank you Farley's for being so selfless, so full of love for a child you've known you'd have to give up from the start, and so full of love for the Lord that it makes my heart hurt every time I click on your link.

Peace in Him thru the next days, weeks and months to come.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Their blog is amazing. Their faith is something I wish I could touch and I only pray that I grow into a faith such a theirs. Im faithfully reading their blog as if I knew them also. What a testimony!

Elizabeth S said...

I feel exactly the same way! They have definitely changed my life forever, just from reading their blog.

Courtney said...

I have been reading her blog too. In fact, I hadn't read it in a while and did yesterday, bawled my eyes out. Heartbreaking. Their faith is so inspiring and encouraging.

caroline G said...

I had not come across their blog until your post. I spent a good while reading it and crying. Their faith and trust in God is so inspiring.

Mommynurse said...

I feel the same way! I keep checking for updates every few hours.