Sunday, September 23, 2007

Heritage Ball




Last night, we went to the Heritage Ball in Franklin (thanks to my company!) It is the black tie ball for Williamson County. My parents were there, some business associates, and friends. We had a great time! It was our first time to go and we didn't know what to expect.

When we pulled up, there were valets and a red carpet... a little over the top don't you think? But, I was glad for the valets as I was in about 3 inch heels and they were parking the cars out in a huge field! We were greeted with champagne upon check in, and made our way through the cocktail reception to our table where we met up with the rest of the gang.

Our meal was great! I don't know how they cooked a fillet perfect for 850 people, but they managed to do it. There was a great band, and we danced the night away. In fact, Daren threw his knee out. Looks like he may have to sit out the next triathlon!

At midnight they served a full breakfast from Monells- country ham, bacon, fried chicken, biscuits, potato casserole, corn soufflé, baked apples- it was insane. We had just had a 3 course meal 3 hours before. But, I managed to stuff a few bites down!

We left shortly after breakfast. We were sure we had drank and eaten our share. Plus, we're parents now... we just can't hang like we used too!!!!

8 comments:

A&L King said...

Doesn't Daren know that the "Roger Rabbit" dance move has a high difficulty level

Elizabeth S said...

You look great! Glad you had fun.

The Hadfields said...

You guys look great!! Jac's boobs look HUGE! What's up?!? :)

Rachel said...

I'm sure she'll appreciate that... :)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

you guys look great! (um...i had the same thought about jaclyn.)

caroline G said...

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! I love how you complain that "you can't hang like you used too" but you left right after Breakfast!!! Ha!!

Jennifer said...

You look beautiful in the pictures! Sounds like so much fun!

By the way...I've been inspired by your sewing and my mom is going to teach me to sew and smock...we'll see if I have the patience.

Julie said...

Sounds like fun--You look beautiful!