Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pray for Blake and Danielle

One of Adam and Jaclyn's good friends from Auburn lost a baby last year at 23 weeks. I won't go into all the details, but she is now 23 weeks (make that 24 as of today I think) pregnant again and was hospitalized with pre-term labor on Monday. They were sure that she was having the baby upon arrival at the hospital, and we all know that would have been too early. However, through the knowledge of doctors, and I'm sure a lot of prayer, they were able to slow down her contractions. She will be hospitalized for the remainder of her pregnancy, but each day she's there gives the baby a better chance of making it!

I was hospitalized at 23-24 weeks for pre-term labor with Mc. My contractions were 5 minutes apart by the time we got to the hospital and it took about 12 hours to get them stopped. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through. I can't imagine going through it after having already lost a child.

So, I asked that you remember them in your prayers. You can follow their story here.
I'm sure they would appreciate any encouraging words you can offer!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I will definitely pray for them. I can't imagine how scary that must be!

Two things...
1)Mc and MC aren't in the same class. Sad! But I think Mc is with Sydney in the young 2's. MC is in the youngest group.
2)Where did Mc take her survival swimming class? I want MC to take it and I called one place that does a six week class...five days a week...only 10 minutes per day...and the entire six weeks is $420! That seems a little pricey...am I right or is that the going rate?