Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Totally Precious or Completely Cheesy?


I'm NOT into reality TV. I just don't do it. However, I've been watching American Idol off and on this season because of the complete lack of programming that seems to exist on television. Anyway, that's another blog. Really, I'm writing to get you all to help me make a decision here.

David Archuleta, is he just a totally precious little kid with a great voice, or is he just too cheesy for words? I can't decide. Until last night I thought, "hmm, pretty cheesy." But then, last night he just seemed so humbled and real after his performance... which by the way was really really good.

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

I personally love him. He may be a little cheesy, but at least he doesn't totally disgust me like some of the other contestants. And I thought he did an amazing job last night.

Mary said...

Yes he borders on cheesy but ultimately is so precious!! I'm a fan!

Anna Phillips said...

I think he's a doll! Cheesy??? Yes!
But, precious, and completely humble. That's why I love him. You can tell that he's so incredibly humble. I told Dennis that if he wins, he'll never make it in the "music world", b/c he's way too nice.

Rebecca said...

I HATE reality tv too, but this year i've been obsessed with AI. totally NOT cheesy, just still innocent, nice, and great guy. loved his explanation of his phil collins song choice--i think that it shows a lot of depth in a 17yo who could have just chosen a song that would get him the most votes. i love several of the idols, but this guy i REALLY want to win.
oh, and the singer with the scandalous past...was totally grossed out, but for some reason now am super-intrigued by him.