Monday, April 7, 2008

Drama

My return from Vegas was not nearly as relaxing as the actual vacation was. I had scheduled myself on a red eye to leave at 11:55pm and return to Nashville at 8am. The reason for this was that I was going to give a couple's shower for my cousin Mandi that night and I had to prepare all the food.

When I booked the ticket, there was not a flight that could get me in before 6:00pm that night and obviously, that wouldn't work; thus, the red-eye.

So, I arrive at the airport at 10:30 to find out that my flight has been delayed until 3:15am!!! Not to mention the fact that I was going to miss my connection in Atlanta. Delta had "protected" me according to them and put me on a second flight out of Atl. But, guess what time it left? 7:59 pm. Obviously that wouldn't work. The shower was starting at 7:00.

The girl who was working the counter was a total witch and wouldn't help me at all. After 30 minutes of arguing with her, she issued my ticket and I headed to the gate. Upon gate arrival, I asked the girl at the counter there for the number for reservations. (At this point I was thinking I might even call Southwest or someone and buy another ticket to get home.) She asks what my issue is, I explain and she gets into action. Within about 5 minutes, she has rescheduled me on a flight out at 7:30am Saturday morning with a connection in Salt Lake City. I was to arrive home at 3:00pm. Telling her I loved her, I headed back out to the taxi line, waited for 30 minutes for a taxi and headed back to the hotel.

I had left my key with Daren b/c luckily, he wasn't coming home until the next day. It was midnight at this point and I couldn't reach him. He had a work function that night, and I knew he was out. I was able to get the people at the front desk to give me a key to the room and I made it to bed around 12:30am, just hoping all went well with my flight the next morning.

I got up at 5:30 and was headed to the airport at 5:40. From there, everything went smoothly and I arrived in Nashville at 3:00. Getting home at 4:00, I was able to whip up my 3 dishes. I loaded my car with crystal, silver and all my other goodies. Jumped in the shower and made it to my parents by 6:00 to setup for the shower.

The shower ended around 10:30 and as it was coming to an end, I thought "wow, this was the wildest 24 hours of my life." I hope I don't have to do that again for a long time!

2 comments:

caroline G said...

UGH!!!! Glad it turned out alright in the end. But, UGH!!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

crazy!!!