Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Heart Follow-up

Yesterday Mc had to go back to Vanderbilt for a follow up with her cardiologist. Everything was the same as on our last visit. We expected them to schedule her surgery at this visit, but she isn't big enough yet. We initially thought that in March 2008 she would have the surgery. But, they scheduled another appointment for May, and they will schedule the surgery at that point for sometime in the summer of 08.

Thus far, I have been very impressed with Vanderbilt Children's. They are fast, efficient, and seem to understand what children need very well. All of the staff is so friendly, and as many children as there are running around, they get you in and out in what I consider to be a timely manner.

McHaney did really well. She was very patient and played really well while we waited. The coolest thing was down in diagnostics where we had to wait for X-rays. There is a large garden outside of the waiting room and she loves to be outside, so I went out there with her for a little bit. There is a pond with tons of fish which she loved, flowers, paths, statues, etc.

Her favorite thing however, was a wishing fountain. I had to pick her up to get a good look and she didn't want to leave it. While I was holding her up there, I noticed it was donated in honor of Katie Parker's aunt Mary Farris and her son Alex. Both of them died in heart related incidents and I thought it was awesome that their family and friends had donated something to entertain children suffering with the same problems.

Here are some pics from the day:

After the appt. we got a treat... playing in the sprinkler at Mimi & Grandaddy's!
Being a Daddy and working; What a multi-tasker!
Checking our vitals
Making friends
Nurse Jessica makes Mc feel better

6 comments:

Katie said...

I am so glad that Mc enjoyed "Splish Splash"! We love that sculpture so much! I told mom about Mc wanting to play in the water and we both teared up. It's special when friends get to enjoy it!

Elizabeth S said...

I am glad everything went well.

caroline G said...

Glad everything went well. Ya'll are always in my prayers. Love the coppertone baby pic!

A&L King said...

you both look like you were very brave!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

How did I miss the fact that she needed surgery? I'm glad V.Children's is around for our kiddos!

Heather B Mc said...

love the bright white bottom