Saturday, August 4, 2007

Latest Project


Here is my first attempt at a bubble. I made it Friday. My friend Katie and I got together to sew. Her daughter was at a friend's house and Mc was at her Grammy's. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a whole day to spend with a friend... probably college, but, that's another blog.

Anyway, we got to sew all day and i was able to make this little bubble. It is yellow and white gingham trimmed with pink ric rac and it has a vintage chenille flower on the right chest. I thought it turned out pretty cute (don't look at the crotch though, I haven't had time to put snaps on, so it is just sewn together!) Mc wore it to dinner Friday night at it fit perfect!

7 comments:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

how cute!!! impressive, rachel. tell us where you found the chenille flower!

Katie said...

Love it!! I can't believe that you finished it before dinner! I loved spending the day with you. It felt like we were in high school again!

Rachel said...

I got the flower at smocking loft, but you can buy them on ebay for alot less. I'll tell you all about it next time I see you!

Katie and Shae said...

That is so precious! I am so impressed... i want to learn, but I know it would be just wasted time. I am not that talented!

Rachel said...

Katie- I have zero artistic ability... think Lauren. :) Neither of us is the least bit artistic, but I still love this. You would do great, I'm sure!

the kings said...

Thanks for the comment about my artistic ability. I think bubbles are the cutest on McHaney--I can't believe you made that! Great job, seester.

Heather B Mc said...

the flower is my favorite part!!!!