Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Time

Well, the day has finally come.  Miss Mc's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am.  We will be there until at least Friday night.  To say I'm nervous an understatement, but we're making it.

The Seester will be updating my blog throughout the day tomorrow, so I can keep you all posted.  Please pray for a few things for us.  Please pray for McHaney.  Pray that God will hold her in his arms and that he will guide the surgeon's hand.  Pray that she will come through the surgery with flying colors.  Pray that she will be returning home with us, in perfect health on Friday night.  Pray that she won't endure much pain, that she won't be scared, and that she won't remember what she went through.  I also ask that you pray for Daren and I.  Pray for piece of mind, for comfort and strength.

Lauren, the seester as most of you know her, sent me something yesterday that really gave me comfort:

"Child of my Love!  Lean Hard!  Let Me feel the pressure of your care.  

I know your burden child... While she leans on Me, this burden shall be Mine, not hers.  So shall I keep My child within the circling arms of My own love.  Here lay it down.  

Do not fear to impose it on a shoulder which upholds the government of worlds!  Yet closer come!  You are not near enough!  

I would embrace your burden, so I might feel My child reposing on my breast.  

You love me! I know it.  Doubt not, then.  But, loving me, lean hard!

I'll be in touch soon,

RP


7 comments:

The Claunch Family said...

I really can't imagine what you're going through, but as I read your words, I could try and imagine how I would be feeling. I know God will keep your sweet baby girl safe and I will check back to be sure. I know so many people will be praying for you over the next few days and weeks!

Whitney Akin said...

praying for you guys.
"what time i am afraid i will trust in Thee."
hope you get a good night's rest tonight.

Mommynurse said...

We are definitely praying for you all! Thanks for keeping us updated, it will help to know what to be specifically praying for.

Courtney said...

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Katie said...

Rach,
I will be praying for Mc and for you and Daren. You have been on my mind a lot this week. I love you all and you can call me for anything! Thanks Lauren, for updating us tomorrow.

Katie

kma said...

We love you & pray for Mc tomorrow, her doctors and her mommy & daddy! I know that she sleeps tonight and you probably won't...take care and know that God's hand will be with her doctors tomorrow! We love you! Will check the blog for updates~
Kelly, Ward, Addie & Ford

Elizabeth S said...

Praying for McHaney today!!!