Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update on McHaney




Yesterday, we went to see McHaney's Cardiologist.  They told us it is finally time.  The left side of her heart is getting bigger and she needs to have her surgery pretty soon.  So, we took the first available time slot with one of the two surgeons we requested.  So, May 29th is the big day.  

As soon as they told us the date I started crying.  it just made it seem so real.  I have to say, we asked for the first available date, I little selfish on my part I'm sure, but I'm just ready for it to be over.  I don't want it looming over my head anymore.  I want to be on the other side of it and know she made it through fine.  When we are walking out of that hospital with our healthy little baby with her healed heart, then and only then, will I feel this huge burden I've been carrying lift away.  

I ask that all of you keep Big Mc in your prayers over the next few weeks.  Just pray that all goes as planned and that she comes through it fine; that God will guide the surgeons hands and cradle her in His arms throughout the whole procedure.  She has no idea it's coming, but I need strength and peace.  So, if you don't mind, pray for that too.

I promise to keep you all updated.  We go in on Tuesday before the surgery to meet the surgeon, have some blood work drawn, etc., etc.  We should know even more about what will be happening then and I'll let you all know what we know.

Thanks, in advance, for all your prayers, emails, and such!

12 comments:

The Hadfields said...

Oh Rachel, I can only imagine the stress and worry you feel. I know that God will keep her safe and heal her heart. Good luck!!

Heather said...

Rach, I will be praying! Can I bring you dinner sometime? I'll call you!

kma said...

We are praying for our sweet friend...and her mommy! Kelly

Jennifer said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys!

Courtney said...

I will definitely keep you all in my prayers...

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I'll be praying for that sweet little girl!!! (And you too!)

caroline G said...

Love all of you, I continue to pray for ya'll. xoxo

Elizabeth S said...

We will be praying!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach! Love you girl, and I will be praying for you, Daren, and sweet Mc.

Gosh, those pics just rip my heart out! I can't imagine!!!

Unknown said...

thinking of yall. i know you will be 100 lbs lighter after this. sending some prayers!

Melissa P. said...

so hard! i will be praying for all of you...i can't imagine all that you are thinking and feeling. i will be asking the lord to grant you great peace beyond all understanding!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I will be praying for the doctors during the surgery and also for a smooth recovery. We miss seeing you guys at swim lessons!