Monday, June 18, 2007

Napa


Ahh Napa, I still love you. You are still my favorite.

We spent our second day in Napa. We started with a tour of the Mondavi Winery. There tour is the best (this was my third time to do it) and I learn something new every time. After the tour, we had lunch at a great little place called the Oakville Market. It is a gourmet grocery store with little tables outside. You can grocery shop, although you would be broke after one shopping trip, or you can order sandwiches and such to go. We did the latter. Our food was fabulous and I'd love to have something like that place here!

Anyway, we tasted and drank the rest of the day. We check into our B&B late afternoon around 5:30. It was not really bad, but for a B&B I was pretty disappointed. So, if you ever go to Napa, DON"T stay at the Shady Oaks B&B. It is way over priced and the customer service/room, food quality is lacking as well.

Dinner was good. Seester had the best scallops I've ever tasted. Have ya'll seen all the smores on menus lately? We had a smores tray for dessert. It was really fun. Cook your own marshmallows, etc etc. I don't know, maybe I'm behind the times. But, it was too cute!

All in all, Napa was a great day!

1 comment:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time!!! i bet you are snuggling all over McHaney today.