Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Scottish Beauty

My parent's came home from England yesterday. They were gone for almost two weeks and McHaney definitely missed them. She seemed like she was in shock when she saw them yesterday, not knowing who to go too. She'd go to one of them, then 30 seconds later reach for the other one. Then, at lunch, she sat by my dad. She would just pat his arm, which is the same way she "loves" her baby doll, then he'd give her a kiss. She'd smile really big, wait about 10 seconds, and do it again. Someone from inside the restaurant (we ate outside) came out and commented on it. Sooo cute!

Honestly, she was really grouchy last week, getting worse everyday. I do think she really missed them. Do you think that's possible? I know she's young, but I just feel like she felt like something was a little off. I know she didn't think "oh, I miss my Mimi and Grandaddy", but seeing them almost everyday, she had to feel that something wasn't right when she didn't see them for 3 weeks. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy. But, I do know that after she saw them she came home and slept for 2 and a half hours. That is unheard of in our house. I think her little body finally said, "All is right in my world again!"

These are pics of her in a Scottish hat my parents brought her from] Scotland (pardon the tilt, I thought she was suppose to wear it to the side... according to my parents though, she should have it flat on top of her head.) She also got several other little presents including a kilt and matching hat. It's too big right now, but look for pics of her in that in the fall!

3 comments:

Melissa P. said...

She is adorable! Isn't it a blessing to have family in town? I think that Sydney is very aware when she hasn't seen my parents for awhile and she is always so glad to see them. I love that!

A&L King said...

I can't wait to see her in the kilt!

The Hadfields said...

What a cute hat! Glad your parents had a safe trip and I'm happy that McHaney is able to carry on now!!