Monday, January 21, 2008

Bug Cakes


Okay, I know I've posted a lot today, but have any of you used one of the cast aluminum pans from Williams-Sonoma? Uh, they're awesome! My cousin Mandi gave me one for Christmas and I just used it for the first time this morning. Mc was bored, so we decided to make some vanilla bread and I thought, "Might as well try out that new pan." Well, look how cute! The little cakes are so detailed. You could ice and decorate them, but why (not these, they are bread, but if you wanted to make little cakes or something)!?!? They are cute just as they are. I just brushed them with a vanilla glaze to add a little moisture and flavor. Anyway, I have to say this may be the first of many cast pans to come for me!

4 comments:

A&L King said...

I love all the posts! Yesterday at the Williams Sonoma cooking class, they were pushing one of those sooking pans, but it was football shaped for the super bowl

Courtney said...

Cute! My sister in law bakes cakes and I got her one of those from Williams Sonoma for christmas except hers were cars. They are REALLY detailed and cute! I am glad to know that they work well too!

Elizabeth S said...

The cakes are adorable! We will definitely have to get those when we are studying insects. And the video of Mc calling everyone was precious!

Heather B Mc said...

I wish I had one of those to eat right now!!!!!