Monday, January 14, 2008

Playa Del Carmen

I'm finally getting around to posting pics from our trip to Playa Del Carmen. My parents took the three of us and my sister and brother in law for Christmas. The place was great! It was beautiful, clean, the food was great, etc. Unfortunately, Mc was sick almost the whole vacation thus Daren and I did not sleep the entire week because we were sharing a room with her and she hacked all night every night (Plus, since she didn't feel well, she was attached to my hip, literally... she would not let me out of her sight). By the end of the trip I was taking sleeping pills just to survive! Also, Mom, Lauren and I were all sick with some type of stomach thing at some point during the trip. I felt so bad for my Dad! He was so excited about the vacation and it just didn't go as he had planned! There were good times to though! You can see a few of them here:

There were fountains everywhere and Mc loved it!

The only group pic we got... minus me!

Cute little family pic



Swimming, her favorite past time!

Sleeping. she did this the first two days and it was great! (Then she didn't... not so great!)

The way I spent the majority of my vacation... attached!!!!

One of my favorite pictures from the trip... all the girls


Seester and Andrew enjoying themselves... before the sickness began!
New Year's Eve... I was sick and drugged up by 9:00







9 comments:

Christine said...

Cute pictures! Looks like y'all had fun. I wanted to tell you that I saw a cute picture of McHaney and your mom in the VIP Franklin magazine for January. I didn't know if you knew it was in there or not!

Elizabeth S said...

So sorry your trip didn't go as planned, but it looks like y'all still had fun. Glad you are better now!

Jennifer said...

Rachel, I was reading your blog (through Amy's) and I saw that you said your daughter was a certified survival swimmer. Where did you take her for this training? I think that it is so interesting and important that I would love to take my two boys!
Oh, sorry about your trip. It is always hard to do anything (especially sleep)when your baby is sick!
Thanks
Jennifer (King) Jones

Courtney said...

Fun! Sorry you guys got sick, but it still looks like you had a good time! How can you not in Mexico! Cute pictures, especially the last one, the New Year's Kiss!

kali said...

she is just precious!!!!!!!! loved seeing you guys on Christmas!

caroline G said...

Thank you for the call!! You are the best! Your pictures are great, sorry you were sick! What an awesome resort.

Heather B Mc said...

Sorry about the sickness!!!!!No fun! Brooks and I got the stomach bug on vacation in October. Can't wait to see you guys at playgroup!!!

The Hadfields said...

Looks like a fun family trip. Sounds like a typical vacation for us!! (no sleep, getting sick, that's always our luck) ha!!

Unknown said...

great pictures!