Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life Jacket


Daren's mom and step dad bought a boat last year and we couldn't go on it b/c I was preggers. This year will be different though. I love the lake and am always up for going. I realize it will be a little different this time around (with McHaney and all.) My first clue? Deb bought her a life jacket for the boat and we out it on her at Easter. She was none too happy about having it on. That was only 5 minutes. What will I do on the boat if she fusses and screams about it thru the entirety of the trip ? Anybody have any hints or clues they've used to get there kid to wear the jacket? I can't give up by summer boating again this year!!!

3 comments:

caroline G said...

that picture is to funny!!!
I went to Mary's blog to read the post you said was so good and noticed that she had a post all about Patty Griffin. I Love Patty Griffin and left a post about it, she posted back...

Heather B Mc said...

If you figure anything out let me know. The mcinteer's got a new boat and have been fixing up the lake house. We plan on being up there often. Not so often if Brooks continues to scream when we put on his life jacket. I was hoping he might cooperate a little more this year but I tried to put it on him the other day when we were at home to help him get use to it. I could not even get it buckled bc he was throughing such a fit. I hate that it has to come up so far on their necks. I would not like that either.

Katie said...

Rach,
I think that one might be a little big. There are those goofy looking bathing suit/life jacket things. Farris had one and that made things A LOT easier. Also, they make some that are a little less bulky. I think that she might be a little uncomfortable.