Saturday, April 28, 2007

Surgery


Ugh, after lots of tests and many trips to Centennial, the doctors think they have finally figured out what is wrong with me. I had a test Thursday that tests how your gallbladder is working. Mine, unfortunately, is only functioning at 8% of what it should be. I'm glad they located the problem, but am not excited about having surgery. (Apparently, the only way to fix gallbladder problems is to take your gallbladder out!)

The hospital stuff is a little worrisome, I guess, although I've been in so much since I got pregnant that I'm used to that. It is more the recovery period after. I hope it isn't long, because one of the things I'm dreading is trying to take care of Mc after surgery. I'm more anxious about that than anything else. I'm sure it will be fine though and I'll have lots of help.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! What kind of problems have you had? I had lots of pain under my right rib cage throughout pregnancy and afterwards and I thought it might be my gall blatter and had an ultrasound that showed nothing was wrong. I would love to hear what your symptoms have been. I know a few people who have had the surgery and were up and around after a week. I hope everything goes well! Our prayers are with you.

The Hadfields said...

Good luck!! Nobody really needs a gallbladder anyways!! :) I hope everything goes well. You'll be in my prayers!

Heather B Mc said...

So sorry to hear that you have to have surgery but am so glad you found out what was wrong. I would love to help out with food, babysitting, etc. when you are recovering.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I'm so sorry Rachel. I was going to say the same thing as heather - I am happy to help out. And let me know when the surgery is & I would love to bring you guys dinner one night during your recovery.

Heather said...

Rach, I am sorry. When are you having surgery?