Friday, May 4, 2007

Day 1 at the Beach

Daren and I arrived in Seacrest, after a quick stop at The 331 for lunch, around noon yesterday. Our place is great. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is coming down here anytime soon. We lounged on the beach and relaxed most of the afternoon.

We went to the seafood market around 6:00 and got some grouper and royal reds. (For those of you who don't know, these are shrimp you can only find in the Destin/PCB area. They are huge and taste like lobster.) I was so glad my coveted royal reds were back. They have been non-existent since Katrina and this is the first time I've had them in what seems like ages.

Anyway, we came back, watched the sunset, ate, and just hung out, It was so nice! I do miss Mc, but am so glad to have this time with Daren!


1st attempt at taking a pic of ourselves (obviously the zoom was on.)

2nd attempt (Daren would like me to add that he realizes he looks like he got stung by a bee, in the face, in this pic)

View of the beach from our room at sunset

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

i'm so impressed that you're blogging while on vacation. you ARE addicted!

A&L King said...

Yeah--I can't believe you are blogging from the beach. I love that picture of your one eye each. Also, I am so glad yall are having a blast, and I cannot express the jealousy I feel. It looks like your place is great. I love yall!!!

Anonymous said...

Go fishing, go for a walk, sleep, whatever, anything, but get off that computer!
Mc and I went to the Y this a.m. to go swimming...she did not want to get out.
Ya'll have fun, love ya, Dad

The Hadfields said...

How wonderful!! I hope you enjoy this "alone" time together!!