Sunday, May 6, 2007

Day 3 at the Beach

We woke up yesterday morning and I wanted to go to the donut hole. So, we got in the car and drove to Destin for a very very large breakfast. While there I said, "I wonder what time the oulets open? While we're here we might as well go." :)

Well, somehow we ended up at The Track, (for any of you who were kids in Destin you know what I'm talking about.) Bumper boats, go-karts, and arcade games a plenty, we chose the go-karts first. They didn't go as quickly as a remembered from my childhood, but I did beat Daren. I wish I would have had some real competition, i.e. the seester. She always gives you a good run for your money. She's been beating me on the go-kart track since she was about 7. She could barely see over the steering wheel and she'd just assume push you into the guardrail as look at you. Oh well! Onto the arcade games where D was a little more competitive. He killed at Basketball, but I beat him on the motorcycles! :)

Then, onto the outlets. A little shopping at J Crew and we were on our way back to the beach. We spent the rest of the day sunning and did dinner at the old Fish House. It was decent, better than our meal at B and A for sure.

I am so glad we did this. For any of you questioning whether it is time to leave the kids behind and vacation with just the 2 of you; trust me, it is definitely worth it. We're headed home today, and I can't wait to see my sweet little Mc, but I wouldn't take anything for this trip. I love my husband and am so so glad we got a little alone time to just be us!

3 comments:

A&L King said...

it's funny that lauren drives go karts the same way she drives her car.
-Love,
Andrew

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I'm so glad you guys got time away. It's great, huh?

Heather said...

I'm so glad ya'll had fun! Are you coming to Bellar's for bunco tomorrow night? It would be great to see you!