Monday, May 14, 2007

My First Mother's Day

Yesterday was a little surreal for me. People kept telling me "Happy Mother's Day" and I would pause and then say "Oh... thanks." I guess I've always just been the well wisher, not the wishee. Was this anyone else's first Mother's Day? Did it seem a little funny to you too, or is it just me?

My first Mother's Day turned out pretty good. I woke up and Daren and Mc had made me biscuits. They gave me a Mother's Day present, my first, which was a storage unit to keep my car clean. A very "mom" gift for sure! We went to church and then to lunch with Daren's family. Mc had a blast, as usual, playing with all of her cousins. We did dinner at my parent's with my grandparents. (The seester was missed, but we did mom's Mother's Day dinner the night before at our house. Lauren and Andrew were able to be there.) It was a nice day with family.

1 comment:

A&L King said...

you look so beautiful on your first mothers' day!! I bet you were glad about McHaney getting in the pool with sam in that pretty white dress!!!