Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Swimming Lessons




While we were on vacation, my Dad decided McHaney needed to learn how to swim. Seriously, I called one day, asked what Mc was doing and mom said, Oh, her Grandaddy took her to the pool to learn how to swim." Too funny! She took a lesson and everything. They go to the new Y in Bellevue, and there is an indoor pool there that is heated. She absolutely loves it and isn't scared of the water at all. Last night I went with them to see her new swimming technique. She kicks, floats on her back and jumps off the side. Quite impressive!!! Her favorite is sliding down the slide and playing with the "jumping water." She splashed me about 5 times and thought it was hilarious.

Also, how freakin' cute is she in her quack quack cover-up?

7 comments:

caroline G said...

The duck thing is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Congrats on the walking....now she will be into everything....all potted plants at eye level look out!!

Rachel said...

Do you seriously think I have any potted plants? Please.

caroline G said...

ok, piles of shoes and clothes look out.

A&L King said...

Those pictures of her and dad are so great. I must say that she looks much happier learning to swim than we do in our "learning to swim/drowning, gasping for air" videos from childhood.

Rebecca said...

thanks for the advice rachel! i think it's going to work out!

if i can't have biologically asian children, i would next LOVE to have red-heads! i'm so jealous.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

SO cute! Hey Rachel, would you remind me what kind of sewing machine you have, and where you bought it? thanks.

The Hadfields said...

How fun!! I want to take Sophie for swimming lessons this summer, I think she'll love it!!