Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Top 5 Restaurants

I've been tagged by my friend Melissa for a dining meme. Not sure what "meme" is, but apparently you pick 5 places you love to eat. Post them, and then pick 5 more people to tag so that they can post their top 5. You want to try to pick people in different cities and states, but I'm not sure I know that many people in other places. Anyway, here's my list:

Sperry's- Food is fabulous and reasonably priced for atmosphere and food portions. It has been my favorite Nashville restaurant since high school. The original is located in Belle Meade, but a new one recently opened in Cool Springs. It may not look like it from the outside, but I have to say it is as good as the original

Puffy Muffin- Lunch is great, the crab cake salad, tortilla soup, and ginger tea can't be beat! Don't expect stellar service though. The customer service is lacking.

Genghis Grill- This place is different and cheap. Plus the food is fantastic! If you have never eaten there, please do! You can fix your own bowl of raw veges, meat and other fixins', then they cook it in front of you. It is more than you could ever eat, and it costs about 8 bucks!

The Perfect Pig- I haven't eaten there since high school because it is in White Bluff, but it is definitely worth the drive from what I remember. BBQ is fabulous and the experience is even better!

The Picnic- Once located in a drugstore, this West End lunch spot is worth the wait. And if it is anytime around noon, you will be waiting. The broccoli salad and pimento cheese are great. It's a good place to meet a friend for lunch, and they have a to go fridge. I stop by there all the time to get both!

Okay, so I'm tagging:

Caroline- Brimingham, AL
Missy- Birmingham, AL
Lauren- Pasadena, CA
Amy- Paducah, KY
Julie- Nashville, TN

3 comments:

A&L King said...

how do you make a link that just says the name of the restaurant?

Unknown said...

im brainstorming!

caroline G said...

Missy you can't steal mine!!!! I must hurry and beat you! I am curious to see if we over lap any!