Thursday, March 1, 2007

Faking It


McHaney has started faking small temper tantrums for attention; note how she laughs in the video when I aknowledge her. (I've tried to capture it so you can get the full effect, see left, but this really doesn't do it justice.) What do I do? It is so annoying. If I punish her she just cries more. Plus, it kindof makes me laugh b/c the faces she makes are so heinous. Hopefully it is just a phase. My fear is that she might just be warming up for those terrible twos, throw your body on the floor in the middle of J Crew, act like I beat her, epileptic tantrums. Oh, the joy of parenthood!

4 comments:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Yeah! Another blog I can check up on!! Sorry you guys couldn't make it to the last playgroup. Hope to see y'all in a few weeks!

Rebecca said...

my mom says i used to do that all the time-throw my body down and beat my head on the floor repeatedly. so then she started ignoring me. don't know if that worked though. maybe it is a red head thing. i hear they can withstand more pain than the average human.

Unknown said...

I love the videos and the narration of them! they are hilarious. please keep them up! love them.

The Hadfields said...

Hey Rachel!! I found your blog through Carrie Brock's page. Your daughter is precious. I've heard about her from Jaclyn. Looks like you are doing well. Just wanted to say hi!! Take care!!