Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Latest Project

Here are some pics of my latest sewing project. I kind of made it up yesterday. For the top, I just cut it out and tried it on her until it fit. (She was thrilled about that...) I am more proud of the pants though. I used a shorts pattern and just extended them, then added the elastic at the bottom. They are really cute on her and I plan to make a few more pair. I need to learn how to make bias out of fabric. I would have rather trimmed the top in the matching gingham fabric, instead of using the ribbon. But, I'm still a beginner and don't get many opportunities to visit with my teacher anymore. Sad Katie, I miss you!!! I may have to give in and bring McHaney over to your house.

Anywho, the next thing I'm going to attempt is making appliqué patches to go on shirts and stuff. They told me how-to at the fabric store, but any pointers you might have would be greatly appreciated!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Bring her over!! Farris can keep her while we sew! That would be fun. Do the bias like you are doing a neckband but longer (I think) I just made a skirt last night and it is REAL cute!

A&L King said...

Seester, maybe you can teach me how to sew on a button when I move to Tennessee. What would we do without Katie? My wedding could have been a disaster without her organizational abilities. Also, that outfit is so cute--I love the pants, and those bicycles are such a great print.

A&L King said...

Also, Mchaney's profile is precious. Am I jealous of a baby?--that's weird.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Cutie! Did you use a pattern at all? I might have to wing it on some stuff too. Appliques look pretty easy, but I'm curious to see what you find out.