Sunday, March 25, 2007

Working in the Yard




When I was a kid, working in the yard was probably my least favorite thing to do. My parents would assign me the chore of "weeding" and I'd want to slit my wrist. For all the complaining I did, they probably wanted to slit their wrists too. I could just think of so many better things to do with my time. Laying out by the pool, for example.

Anyway, that time of year is back and, of course, I have my own home now. I can tell you, weeding is still not my favorite. Not to mention digging, planting, mulching, etc. But, it has to be done.

I was lucky enough to marry a man who is a hard worker and likes to be outside. He doesn't mind the yard work and for that, I am grateful. We planted a few bushes and lots of flowers around the front and back this weekend. Our front looked pitiful, as we haven't done anything out there since we moved in almost 3 years ago! The back just needed a little sprucing up. It looks so much better and I got away with only having to plant 2 flats of flowers while he did all the weeding, mulching, and other planting. (You know, I had to take care of the baby and all!) :)

So, a beautiful weekend was not wasted. We got a lot done. Plus, to top things off, there's nothing better than a long day in the sun, a hot shower, a good meal, a glass of wine, and early to bed. Oooh, I slept so good last night!!! I'm looking forward to it again tonight!

1 comment:

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I'm impressed that McH can handle such a big sippy cup!! Looked like a fun day.