Saturday, March 3, 2007

Wasting the Day Away


Yesterday was quite a waste. McHaney and I were all set to spend the day running errands in Cool Springs. Of course, on the way out there, my service engine soon light came on. So, I call dad (he's the only other one with a car seat) and ask if he plans to go to CS anytime during the day. Luckily he is and so I rush around trying to get my errands done, but feeling I've accomplished nothing. We drop the car off and they tell me it will be 130.00 just to see why the light is on. Any work that needs to be done will be on top of that! What a rip off!!! I mean, I understand they can't just look at it for free, but 50 bucks seems alot more reasonable.

Anyway, dad had driven all the way out there to get me and so I just left it and went home without a car for the rest of the day b/c they could look at it for several hours. Then, I call Daren and tell him the 130.00 part of my story and he thinks it is a rip off too. He decides we'll just take the car to the dealership on Monday and have them fix it. So, he calls the car place back and tells them not to touch the car. Just lock the key in it and we'll pick it up later. See my point? I did all that for nothing. The whole day was wasted and I got nothing accomplished. I hate days like that!!!!

We have a busy weekend ahead. First, McHaney helped Daddy with a few chores (as you can see). I have some errands to run and then Daren is going to the VU basketball game. Tonight we have a babysitter!!! Yeah! We're going to an artshow and then dinner, I can't wait! I love Mc, but sometimes we need a little break! :) Tomorrow McHaney is going to be dedicated so Sunday will be a busy day as well! I'm already feeling tired just thinking about it!

1 comment:

the kings said...

Sweet.. I think I can see some Daren morning hair in the back of this photo. Be sure to post picks from the dedication. I love those little footie PJs on McHaney